What Type of Winery and Distilleries Insurance Do I Need?

Whether you have an established winery or distillery business or you are venturing into the business for the first time, there are many ducks you must put in a row before you get the business going.

One of these is determining what type of insurance you will need for your business.

At FACE Fine Art & Collectible Enterprises, we insure what is priceless, and we also have excellent insurance policies for wineries and distilleries.

Types of Insurance Coverage

Every business has a risk of loss which every business owner must manage and effectively so, and having the right insurance coverage takes care of that.

There are several types of insurance policies a business should have, and within those policies, there are specific items that must be addressed optimally to ensure proper coverage.

The most common types of insurance coverage for a winery or distiller include:

General Liability Insurance

Having general liability insurance is synonymous with owning a business if the business owner does not wish to bear all the risk of loss from operating the business.

A general liability policy provides protection against common or typical customer or client incidents involving the business. 

The average claim and settlement for a customer injury or property damage in California are about $30,000.

Defending against a claim can also lead to high legal bills, so having a general liability to take care of this can give the business owner peace of mind that they do not have to worry about carrying the load alone. 

Liquor Liability Insurance

Owning a winery or distillery that serves the public on-premises, off-premises, or at tasting events brings additional liability factors that necessitate having liquor liability insurance.

The insurance protects businesses and winery or distillery owners against various risks, including the following claims of personal injury or property damage caused by an intoxicated person who got drunk from drinking at your winery or distillery business. 

And liquor liability insurance covers legal fees, negotiations, settlement, and medical bills associated with the personal injury claim or property damage caused by an intoxicated person whose conduct can be linked to alcohol served from your winery or distillery, and you are the policy owner of the insurance.

Commercial Property Insurance

If you're a property owner where your winery or distillery is located, it's good to have commercial property insurance.

The insurance covers loss from theft or disaster, including accidents.

The policy will also cover the loss of equipment or repairs necessary to keep the business operations running smoothly.

Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance

Suppose your winery or distillery owns or leases a commercial vehicle. California law requires that you must have insurance with a minimum liability limit of $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident for bodily injury, and $5,000 for property damage. 

Speak with a Winery and Distillery Insurance Provider

Whatever your insurance needs are as a winery or distillery business owner, FACE has the right insurance coverage and policy for you. Contact us today to discuss your needs. Call: 916-721-2845